Thursday, September 8, 2011

TEA-TIME GIFT BASKET

clip_image002

I love gift baskets – they are my favorite thing to get and to give! When I receive a basket, I love sorting through the items and discovering things not visible tucked inside.  When I put one together I love deliberately selecting the items and putting it all together.

September 10th is Swap Ideas Day, so here are some of my ideas about putting together tea-time gift baskets. Start with a nice container and be creative. A basket is nice, but others things can be used as containers as well – boxes, tins, buckets, mugs, etc. It is even best if it is part of the theme rather than just a container - for example a basket for serving scones. Next, gather your items – odd numbers have always worked best for me. The number really depends on the size of your container, but no matter how many you should vary the sizes and shapes and always look for a small “surprise” to include either as a tie-on or hidden inside. For tea-time in addition to a nice container of loose leaf tea, some additions might be an infuser, a couple cups & saucers (new or used), a scone mix or tea biscuits, recipes for tea-time treats with spices to make them as well as a cookie cutter, a tea towel or even tea-themed items such as books, stationery, etc.  Finally, put them all together in a pleasing arrangement which is not only attractive but causes the receiver to want to dive in and relish the treasures!

What ideas do you have to share??

logo_thumb[15]

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,
faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”
I Peter 4:1

No comments: