Pressed herbs & flowers can be used to make a variety of gift items including pictures, bookmarks, cards, etc. for special occasions. In order to bless others with one of these gifts however, you need to first press some herbs & flowers from your garden.
One way is to construct and use this simple flower press – or make two and give one to a friend already filled with special herbs & flowers from your garden:
THE FLOWER PRESS
4 – 1/4" carriage bolts, 6” long
8 flat washers
4 lock washers
4 wing nuts
Drill & 5/16” spade drill bit
1. Cut two boards exactly the same size
2. Drill holes in the four corners of boards
3. Assemble from bottom with washers, carriage bolts, washers,
lock washers and wing nuts
4. Cut pieces of cardboard to fit between boards
5. Layer cardboard, blotting paper, plant material, paper and cardboard or use a phone book like me!!
I also label sheets of paper with the name of the herb and its meaning in the language of herbs, then place the flower on them while being pressed so that they are identified and ready to use!
Some additional tips for gathering, pressing and crafting can be found in this earlier post along with some ideas how to use them!
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,
faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”
I Peter 4:10